Peace Lutheran Church and School has been uniquely placed in Saginaw, Michigan, and powerfully gifted with the spirit, people and a can-do culture. These gifts enable us to share the love of God by being “disciples who make disciples” as we GATHER (in worship), GROW (through the Word) and GO (into every aspect of our lives with Jesus).
A powerful way Peace has been led to make disciples is through Christian education at Peace School. This was Peace’s vision from its founding in 1941. Our first building was a school. In 1952, the second building was a gym for the school. In 1960, the sanctuary was finally built to hold the growing numbers who wanted to gather for worship. Then in 2003, a new school was built on the Lawndale Campus, so the mission of making disciples would be carried into the new millennium.
What was important to Peace in its founding is still important today. It is our prayer that the seeds of ministry we plant through the generosity of God’s people today will grow into sturdy branches holding up Christian education for the next generation!